Last Friday at this exact time I was frantically speed walking (while still looking totally not awkward) through Terminal A at Dallas Ft. Worth International Airport looking for a Starbucks- only to find that every.single.one of them was closed. The horror. How was I supposed to get on a flight to Vegas and maintain a high level of alertness without some form of pseudo energy in my system? After hiking approximately 5 miles in my heels and rolling my Longchamp bag around the airport, I finally settled for a Starbucks Double Shot Energy Drink and some gummy bears. #healthnut
Tonight I’m not in glittery leggings, but my ratchet grey leggings I bought when yoga was on the brink of world domination and I thought that having a pair of leggings and a yoga mat would make me cool. I am now aware that not even lululemon leggings can up my cool factor, thus the reason I’m sitting in bed on a Friday night writing this post. Well, that, and the fact I can’t physically move my body after consuming embarrassing amounts of pizza at 2 of my 3 meals today. #fat
Enough about my current pathetic state, and back to the purpose of this post: last weekend when I was lucky enough to experience a city I’d never visited before and spend some quality time with the roomie. Here is a visual recap of our weekend in Las Vegas.
- The people watching is PRIME, especially when the subjects are inebriated. I highly recommend this form of entertainment.
- Foreigners walk around with toilet paper draped over them and try to lure you in by wrapping around you. KEEP WALKING.
- Heels do not give you blisters, but Chucks do, resulting in buying new shoes for the “sole” purpose of walking down the strip to see Britney Spears.
- Moving sidewalks are a gift from God.
- Read the signs and practice self-control, or you will end up with 26 dollars worth of M&Ms.
- The art in the hotels and Bellagio Fountains (we might have watched them as many times as we possibly could) are the best parts of Sin City. *Except for Britney, of course, She SLAYED.
- Britney was completely and totally everything I’d always imagined. I’m so glad she made it through her tumultuous 2008 and lived to do a Vegas show.
- The//Shopping//Though. If I had unlimited funds, God knows the damage I would do at Hermes, Chanel, and Cartier is insurmountable.
- Not singing along to Lee Greenwood’s “Proud To Be An American” is not only unpatriotic, it is a sin. Also, foreigners love it when they can hear you signing it in the background of their iPhone videos.
- If going to Vegas and only indulging in pizza, gelato, and new shoes at Kitson is wrong, then I don’t want to be right.