“No Thank you, I only like my mom’s peanut butter [no jelly] sandwiches.”
…the phrase that defined my youth. I denied myself of incredibly tasty things just because I was a hard- headed fool and probably had some kind of un-diagnosed childhood eating disorder. I frequently made life inconvenient for everyone around me by insisting on drinking only milk, and eating only chicken strips. This continued up until a few years ago. Thank the Good Lord in Heaven, that I’ve had an awakening and have actually started trying new foods and *gasp* liking them. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still extremely picky according to the world’s standards, but I’ve started to try things that aren’t in within my super small limitations. There’s hope that one day I might, just might, become an adult.
All that to say, one of my all-time favorite things to do is sitting down for a good meal in the company of good friends, and these are the places I’m dying to try:
- Cafe Momentum– Eat for a cause, not just because you need nourishment to live.Cafe Momentum trains at-risk youth, who have spent time in juvenile facilities, in all aspects of the culinary industry.
- Rodeo Goat – Ever since discovering that I actually like burgers in COLLEGE, my life changed dramatically. I have a feeling that Rodeo Goat might leave me radically transformed.
- TJ’s Seafood Market– New Preston Royal Location. Say it with me, Seared Scallops, Smoked Salmon, Seaside Shandy. #alliteration
- Remedy– 1920’s soda-fountain theme? Classic-American menu? 90’s hip-hop playlist? This sounds like me to a T.
- Dallas Grilled Cheese Co.– Cheese & Bread. Is there anything else in the world worthy of my love? Absolutely not.
- Spork– An abandoned Sonic-turned burger restaurant by an impressive team of Dallas restaurateurs? I’ll be there…only if I am guaranteed usage of a spoon-fork hybrid.
- Knife– Large portions of Texas meat called “Slabs” to encourage socializing and sharing. I’m sure I could eat this so-called slab by myself, but sure, lets “share.”
- Neighborhood Services– New location in Addison. There’s a direct correlation between how close Neighborhood Services gets to me, and the happier I get.
- Clark Food & Wine Co.– Avocado Toast? My inner #basicwhitegirl “can’t even.” Also offers shared plate dining- what is with this sharing trend?
- Public School 214– Bacon Cheddar Tots, Chorizo Mac and Cheese, Firey Calamari…and those are just a few of the appetizers.
- OSO Food & Wine– Mediterranean. That’s all I need to know.
- Stampede 66– Dear Stephan Pyles, Why am I always in the mood for honey-fried chicken and buttermilk biscuits. Love, The Newest Member of Weight Watchers.
- SMOKE– New location in PLANO. Finally. Something to satisfy pressing bunch location needs. Also, meat. Just meat. A lot of it.
So there you have it: 13 restaurants I’ve been “biting at the bits” to try. Grab some friends, eat some good food, and send me your reviews so even if I don’t make it to all of them- I can still sound like I know what I’m talking about.
Oh and if you’re looking for a date to take you to one of these places, good luck with that. 3%er.