Looking to simulate your visual senses this weekend, but not seeing enough time in your future to spend hours in a museum? Check out these 5 Dallas spots I’ve got my sights set on.
- The Joule Hotel– Its exciting downtown location proudly boasts works by 15 internationally acclaimed artists from 6 different countries.
- Meddlesome Moth– Stained glass featuring Jimi Hendrix, Elvis Presley, and Jerry Lee Lewis? Count me in.
- Hilton Anatole– See an actual piece of the Berlin Wall, the Nebula, and a variety of Asian artifacts from A.D. 800. You can even do a one-mile audio tour and a scavenger hunt. Yes, please!
- Nick & Sam’s Steakhouse– Medium Rare Steak + Observing Local Art = Perfection
- Saint Ann’s – The owners have placed several pieces of their samurai armor collection inside the restaurant and the rest of the collection resides in the adjoining building in the Harwood district.
Also, here’s a handy guide to public art in Dallas. I’ve beheld most of these installations, but it’s always fun to learn about the artists and back-stories of the pieces.
I can’t take credit for these ideas. PureWow keeps me trendy- let them keep you up to date on the new cool hip things young people do these days too.